World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Well, that sucked.

I am so bad at poker, I can't even begin to describe it -- I went from 20k to 14k, when I had AK back to back and lost both times, back to 21k after I flopped a set of 6s against an obvious AK, on a K high flop, but I misplayed it so bad I didn't stack the guy and allowed him to get away from his hand. Shortly thereafter, I raised on the button to 900 with blinds of 100/200 after 3 people limped, included a player two to my right, also in late position. The flop was AAJ, now he checks, I now bet 1200, he makes it 2500 and I make it 7000 total, knowing that if he had any ace or JJ he would have raised coming in. Now he tanks for 2 minutes and announces all in, I fold leaving myself with 12k (still more than enough), I guess this is what happens when you assume that players will behave how you expect with certain hands, I can't believe he limped with AT in that spot, anyway. I could never really rebuild from there, I wasn't patient enough and kept going after people with hands like 7c8c and always missing, last hand was when I had about 2.1k total with blinds at 200/400 and two people limp into my bb, I look down at 88 and push, the first limper folds (horrible fold for a tiny raise) and my nemesis, the guy with AT calls with JsQs, the board is K34T9, this guy could not miss, he also took some more chips of me on a K high flop, I had K7, he had K9 and made kings up on the turn. I played pretty horribly too, so the combination of running bad didn't help. I plan to take a nice long break from poker. :( Thanks for reading..

4 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't win em all bro

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home