World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 1 - PLO Event

Whoops! I was out in 40 minutes, the key hand was when I was UTG with 7c8c8h9h, a very nice omaha hand and decided to just limp and keep the pot small. The flop was an amazing
Ts2d8s, I flopped a set and an open-ended straight draw. Since there were 6 players or so,
I decided to check feeling that it was likely someone would take a stab, with the intention of
check-raising, probably committing myself. I didn't want to lead out get smooth called and have a tough decision on the turn, by keeping the pot small even if nobody bets and a spade comes on the turn say I can probably call another bet to try to fill up on the river. Anyway, the turn is a very nice 3h, a blank, I now fire out for a little less than the size of the pot. One guy calls and all else fold, the river is an A, what I figure is a blank, I bet around half the pot now and then the guy essentially min-raises me. I really should have dumped the hand here, but I paid off the T545 and felt sick, the guy was drawing to a lone ace and got there, the 6 would have given me a high straight. ARGH. This crippled me and left me with $800 of the original $3k start bank, I then later tried to make a move on a guy who was clearly not sophisticated enough to realise what was happening, on a board of Ah3h5cKh with three hearts, I check raised all in with AKQx, with the queen of hearts, hoping he'd put me on the nuts, of course he insta-called with his 8hTh and I missed my outs to fill up. I feel I played pretty poorly and didn't adjust to the players who seemed to have no clue about omaha.

The good news is I played a single table sit-n-go afterwards and wound up winning, chopping
it up with another guy, I won my buyin for the omaha event back and little on top, which was nice. Let's hope things go better tomorrow..

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Mark Aufflick said...

Ouch that hurts. Nice one winning your way back in :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home