World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Saturday, August 05, 2006

WSOP Main Event - Day 3

Wow -- what a day, I got up to over 200k at one point and was doing quite well
at my table. I ran into some very unfortunate situations, I got dealt QQ to another
player's AA, then JJ to another player's QQ, both times I got away from the hand preflop and was correct both times. I bluffed all in with 44 on a J89Q turn, correctly putting my opponent on AK and stole a big pot with 6s7s on a AJA7 board, both times these pots were in excess of 30k and while my plays were risky, I just felt my opponent couldn't call. We finally made the money, at this point I can do no worse than win $US 26k. I have 173k ending day 3 which is around average, I have to make a move tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Russ! Eventually the rush will come, keep stealing till then :D

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome russ, bring on day 4.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Russ, Praying for you and Jo that you read your Bible each day, are speaking with our Father in prayer, acting with integrity in the competition. Also hoping that you can listen to the talk podcast as well. I'd be interest in your thoughts on last weekend's weekend away 2 Peter series. Looking forward to seeing you back on Monday nights. Cheers, D

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Russ, 155 out of 8773, you would have won any other tournament, lol

See you back in Sydney!

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell finished 155th from over 8,700
players and scores $47,006 US for his efforts. Fantastic effort.

/usr/src

 

Post a Comment

<< Home