World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

2nd Trip

Played another massive field saturday NLHE event, things started off amazing -- I had turned
my $3000 in start chips into about $12k before the first break with some good play and also
from some massive mistakes by other players. Three hands of note, first break with AK utg, I decided to just limp and see what happens, I'm happy to dump the hand unless things go well, now the button raises everyone folds to me, I call. Flop comes JTx, I checked dark before the flop, now the button checks. Turn is gin, Q. I lead out, button calls. River blank, I bet 1500 into a 2600 pot, now the button tanks and starts whining about a setup or something, so instead of folding or calling, he raises all in! I call with the nuts, he shows JJ and storms off, oblivious to the infinite odds he gave me on the flop. Soon after, I make a small raise in early position with 5s6s, the button, a new guy who just moved to the table in place of the JJ guy, raises. I make a loose call preflop to see what happens, hoping he just has AK or something. Flop is gin, 34T with two spades -- I check, he bets around 1200, with 3700 or so behind, I raise him all in and he tanks for a few minutes before calling with AQo, which i was a little shocked at, but credit to him for going with his read that I was drawing, albeit still a favourite. The turn blanked and I hit a spade on the river, ding! Things started to go south after the break as I became increasingly tired, I made a very poor decision to stay up late the night before and only got about 1 hour sleep before
having to fly to vegas then slept for another hour on the plane, I was getting delirious at the table from lack of sleep. I just continued to lose a series of small pots, (AT vs 22 short stack) one significant one where I had AhKh in the BB after utg raised and utg+1 reraised, I just called and flop brought two hearts. I felt strongly that utg+2 had aces so I was hoping to bust him, flop was checked and turn brought straight outs for me (I thought) with another low card, aces then bets a tiny amount on the turn which me and utg both call. river blanks and I leak 3k or so on the hand, utg had 66 and straight card would have busted me. I eventually push with QJo vs the blinds and K9 calls me and scoops, I will never play an important tournament that tired again. Fingers crossed for the main event, hopefully the deeper stacks will suit me better.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...I made a very poor decision..."

Hilarious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home