World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Not much to report...

It's been a while, sorry there isn't much to tell, I've played two of the smaller
tournaments with little result. The first was a Limit Hold'em shootout, which I have no idea why I played, I guess boredom -- it was seriously torture, every hand I made got run down, but I suppose that's limit. Today I played a smaller No Limit event, but the starting stacks are a little bit small and force you to play tight early on. I managed to double up in the first hour or so, but then I got stuck in a couple of situations that quickly saw me get short stacked. So I'm at 3000, blinds 50/100 -- a short stack of about 450 moves all in front of me and I look down at pocket sevens, I decide to call but possibly could have mucked, everyone else folds and he flips AQ, he of course hits his queen on the flop and I'm back down to 2500. I lose about 350 the following round from the blinds and a failed preflop min-raise which was re-raised, back to 2150.

I'm UTG+1 and UTG makes it 450 to go, half his stack. I make it 900 to put him all in with TT, now UTG+3 decides to shove all his chips in, he had me covered. This guy had recently moved to the table with 3300 in chips and I hadn't seen him get involved, I can assume that he's better than average since he's chipped up -- after an early raise and a structure raise his move means I'm facing JJ,QQ,KK,AA or AK. At best I'm 53% favourite otherwise I have two outs. Anyway, there was 450+900+900+1250 (3500) in the pot and it was costing me 1250 to call, but I was calling for my tournament life and I was pretty convinced he had an overpair, this giving me an insufficient price. Anyway, since the players at my table were so bad, I decided that I could give myself a chance if I folded and tried to rebuild -- the latter part of the plan didn't really work out and I busted some time after. He took me aside afterwards and told me that he had AK of diamonds, doh.

So, that's the only tournament news. I don't really like Vegas much from what I've seen, it seems a pretty empty, soulless place. I am looking forward to Joe getting here so we can get out and do some non-poker related stuff like shopping, swimming and some sightseeing.

Hope you're all doing well.

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reality's for people who cant handle poker...

make good decisions

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home