World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Friday, July 21, 2006

Steaming..

I'm so exhausted right now, the last 24 hours have basically been a nightmare. The first leg from Sydney to LA was massively overbooked, thankfully I got an aisle seat -- unfortunately the side of me that wasn't an aisle, but a seat, contained a fairly large man who took up not only his seat but about 15% of mine (not the first time this has happened to me) and the guy on the other side of him. I was in an awkward position for thirteen hours or so and arrived in LA utterly drained. After hanging around for two hours at LAX waiting for my flight to LV to board, we finally got everyone on and ready to go. "This is the captain speaking ... ", uh oh, you know what's coming can't be good. We stay on the plane for an hour while they investigate an issue with the brakes on one of the sets of wheels, it takes them an hour to come to the conclusion that we all have to get off the plane and wait for another 2 hours. TILT! Anyway, after a few other incredibly frustrating experiences (the hotel girl who checked me in wrote down the wrong room on the tenth floor, so I dragged my luggage up, then down, then up again before the issue was resolved) I finally entered the bliss of a hotel room. Now, I'm just chilling and trying to recover, I might just have an early night and start over tomorrow. I hope today contained all the bad beats I'll be receiving on this trip, more to come....

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger russ said...

Thanks matt, nice pic -- I'm sure you experience similar frustrations in the limited space you have in golf buggies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home