World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Sunday, July 30, 2006

WSOP Main Event - Day 1

Wow, that had to be the most stressful 15 hours of my life. The short story is that
I survived Day 1, in fact ended it with 61k in chips after being down a low watermark of 4k. 61k is probably around the top ten in chip counts -- far better than I ever expected! I now have two days off to recover until I have to play Day 2, very excited!

Here are some photos and more details

According to cardplayer, I'm currently 26th out of 856 for my day, which is the top 3%. There are 4 days so extrapolating means on Day 2 I should be around about 52nd out of 1712 which is obviously a great spot.

5 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go russ - I'm off to the airport
xx jane

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dood that is amazing. now u only have to double up each day... anything more is a bonus. WOW!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep it rolling Russ - and avoid full tilt ;)

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic effort Russell...
Good luck with the rest of the tournament...

Sam ;-)

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently Russ has 110,000k after the second day- at least top 200, maybe top 100, with 1400 players left. WOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home