World Series of Poker

Tales from the Felt

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas...

Quite the opposite actually, tomorrow afternoon I head off to Las Vegas to make my run at the biggest poker event of the year, the World Series. I've already won my entry into the main event, which frankly is the only way I can see myself playing it -- forking over $10,000 USD would just be too painful to play in a field of players that includes the best players in the world, ALL of them. I'll be trying to keep my expectations realistic, Vegas is designed to make people have brain explosions and eventually go broke -- I'm just hoping to play good poker and make correct decisions, if that means going really deep, so be it, statistically however it just isn't likely, you need to be lucky AND good to win the main event. The slow structure is definitely a huge advantage to the more skilled players, I just haven't figured out if it's going to help me or not. :)

My `Day 1' doesn't start until the 29th July, I'm going to spend a week just settling in and playing some of the less expensive tournaments if only to warm up and adjust to the huge fields.

I'll try to update this daily with anything of interest and my experiences along the way.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck russ :)

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Russell - remember the power that you have been given is for good and not for evil ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home